Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 4 June 2015

SK8R!!

We had a skateboard when we were kids. We used to skateboard down a hill that was pretty much straight down and ended on another street. The speeds we reached were........well, let's just say I wouldn't want to know - and we never knew if there was a car coming until we were at the bottom..a little late if I do say so now!  

I grew up with two brothers, one of which is still an adrenaline junkie to this day. So when we went skateboarding, I HAD to "keep up with the boys" tee hee. I don't remember any major injuries from skateboarding (I don't know how there weren't!) but we did have some pretty good spills!

Seeing this stamp from the new All About Boys release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps brought back so many good memories! It was so fun to do! 



I coloured Gabriel with alcohol markers (list below) and fussy cut him and popped him up with pop dots. My background is some brick paper cut to look like he is skating in front of a wall that is falling down. I added some mini splatters on the wall for a "graffiti" look. 
I used a die to cut out the hill he is skating on from cardstock and dabbed some grey and black ink on it to make it look like concrete. This "hill" is also popped up with pop dots. I finished it off by adding some YNS gum drops. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Gabriel Loves To Skateboard, Sentiment Set #3 - High Hopes 
Mini Splatter: YNS
Patterned Paper: Brick - Recollections
                           Denim - Paper Pizazz
                                             Plaid- Jack & Jill, Boy - Echo Park
Pop Dots: Forever In Time
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Royal Blue - Rubber Stampede
Die: My Creative Time Dies

Spectrum Noir Markers: 
Pants: TB8 TB9 B45 (copic)
Shirt: CT1 CT3 CT4 GB4
Skateboard: TN2 TN3 TN4 TN7
Skin: FS2 FS3 TN2 FS8
Hair: TN7 TN8 EB8
Wheels: BG2 BG3 BG5
Shoes: BG2 BG3 BG5

I'm off to go play with some more of the fun boy stamps in this release!
I hope you have enjoyed my post today! Thanks for stopping by! 



1 comment :

  1. Love your card Donna! We used to skateboard like that too! It's a wonder any of us are still alive today LOL!

    ReplyDelete