Header Mine

Header Mine

Monday 1 August 2016

Happy Birthday To My Mom

My mom's birthday is in July as well so the party next weekend will be for her to.
I haven't had a card fight me as hard as this one in a long time! I had to restart colouring it four times and when I was almost done I noticed one of my dark pink markers had put a splatter on my stamp - right near the hair. I hadn't planned on fussy cutting this one but that was the only solution. 
I tried gel pen and white paint but the pink bled through. Yes, I admit I cursed in my head. 

             I hope she likes this card, I'm not totally happy with it.





After colouring my image and fussy cutting it, I mounted it on a circle and lacey circle die. I inked all the edges, paper included. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with a Fish Tail banner die and flowers and gems were added for a little bit of bling. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Dolly - Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: Everyday Sentiments stamp - Whimsy Stamps
Dies: Lacey Circles, Classic Circles - Spellbinders, Fish Tail Banner Dies - Your Next Stamp
Patterned Paper: Everyday Flair - MME
Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger, Gems and ribbon from my stash, flowers - Recollections

Hope you're having a super day! Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments :

  1. As aways your fussy cutting is amazing! I know......manicure scissors LOL. Your Mom will love it, it's beautiful and you should be proud of it!! You're so talented my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete