Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 2 August 2014

Tis The Season

I have to be honest, it's been awhile since I have felt creative. I have spent the last month or so integrating a new 10 month old puppy we adopted into our lives.

At the same time (about a month ago) I went to a garage sale and bought some wood cutouts and once I got home I found there were also some little gold bells included in the lot of stuff I bought. As soon as I saw them, I knew what I wanted to try and use them on. 

Since puppy is settling in nicely, and this card has been brewing in my head for weeks, I sat down last night and got creative! all the while keeping an eye on puppy of course.

Since the stamp I used does have bells at this paticular spot, I chose to add my real bells. I hand sewed them on and then added a little glue to the back to hold them in place.

I also coloured the bells first because my bells didn't quite cover the bells on the stamp. It's kind of fun to hear the bells ring every time the card is moved.



And a close up of the bells......


Card Recipe
Stamp - Christmas Gift Horse Digital by Crissy Armstrong available 
from Whimsy Stamps
Patterned Paper - Simple Stories, and from my stash
Spectrum Noir Markers - TN&, TN8, EB5, EB7, DR 7, DR5, DR1, CT4, CT2, DG3, DG4, GG4, GG5
Sentiment - KaiserCraft Mini Clear Stamps
Fish Tail - Your Next Stamp Fish Tail Banner Dies
Poinsettia's - Cricut - Celebrate with Flourish
Embellishments - Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Christmas card number one done and now hopefully if puppy needs a nap, off to do a Birthday card for my brother.

Thanks for stopping by. Thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

No comments :

Post a Comment