Header Mine

Header Mine

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Horse Thank You

We had a pretty good blast of winter last night - a little snow but mostly freezing rain and ice pellets. 

That makes it the perfect day to escape to my craft room and make something that's not a Christmas card! 

                               How cute is Jessica with her horse!?! 




I love the simple layout to this sketch - I feel it keeps the focus on the stamp. 
After colouring with alcohol markers, I chose to use some paisley and barn board papers to keep kind of a western/country feel to my card and each layer is trimmed in dark brown. I used a light blue chalk pencil smudged with paper towel to soften it around the outside edge and finished it off with my favourite - gumdrops!

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Jessica With Her Horse - Your Next Stamp 
Patterned Paper: Rodeo Queen (Carta Bella), Natural Beauty (gcd studios)
Die: Stitched Square Die - Your Next Stamp
Sentiment: SRM Stickers
Light Blue Chalk Pencil 
Cardstock: Recollections

Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1 FS2 TN2 FS8 PP1 PP3 PP5 LG1 LG3 LG5 TB8 BT9 TB9 GB8 GB10 EB5 EB3 EB5 EB7 1G1 1G2 1G4 

I chose to use the sketch

                                                 

I am entering this card in Sketch and Colour Challenge #29 at Your Next Stamp. 

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated. 

Have a great day! 



4 comments :

  1. I hope the weather has much improved since you posted this! Your card with Jessica and her horse is so sweet; I love the paisley print you chose to go with this. Thanks so much for hanging out with us over at YNS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna!! Oh now freezing rain. I hope things get better. We've been lucky here nothing yet. I hope it stays that way. Your card is so cute!! You did a great job coloring. Thank you so much for playing along with YNS Sketch and Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful thank you card. Thank you for playing along in our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use the sketch with the patterned paper. Thanks for joining in challenge #29 at YNS!

    ReplyDelete