Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 6 February 2020

Feeling Froggy?

When we were little and had a cold or sore throat we often had the raspy or really low radio announcer voice along with it. My Dad used to love asking us if we "have a frog in our throat?". This stamp reminds me of that saying so I giggle every time I see it.....just like I did every time he asked me that question. 
These frogs are much cuter then the ones I pictured in my throat as a kid! 




I chose to keep the green theme going for my card because often when we aren't feeling well we are "feeling a little green". After colouring this fun pair with alcohol markers, I hand fussy cut them and set them aside. 
Next I grabbed some blue ink, a cloud die cut and a dauber and after cutting my piece of white card stock to fit my design, I created my sky background. I cut some reeds, added them to the background and added my stamp. 
I used some matching patterned paper and a get well soon stamp on the inside of my card just for fun. Some ribbon and gumdrops finish off my card. 
  
Card Recipe 
Stamp: Froggy Friends - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Feelin' Froggy?, Calling The Doctor - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Perfectly Plaid Spring - Lawn Fawn

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, cattails and reeds die - Cheery Lynn Designs, baby blue ink - Memories, cloud die cut - Quickutz, ribbon - stash, gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: YG1 DG2 YG3 CT1 CT4 CG2

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the High Hopes blog - we'd love for you to pop by for a visit! Inspiration can also be found on the High Hopes Instagram and Pinterest pages! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

2 comments :

  1. Love your back story, you're Dad sounds like a bit of a jokester! You're background is amazing, love those tall reeds! I love the whole green theme and you're colouring is spot on as always! Another awesome make my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete