Header Mine

Header Mine

Monday 18 January 2021

Bluebird Birthday Wishes

 I have been working on adding to my birthday card stash. This one isn't going in to my stash as I needed a card for my mother in laws birthday (shhhh don't tell) so this one actually got put in the mail! Her birthday is today so hopefully she receives it today. 

I love this "Bluebird" stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. When I was younger my Mom and Grandma would embroider animal blocks to be used on baby quilts. I learned to embroider using these blocks and this stamp reminds me of one of the birds they used to do. Such fun memories and perfect for a clean and simple birthday card.  


I wanted to keep the design clean and simple on this card. I had to mail it so it needed to be flat, but I also wanted the white background because it reminds me of the embroidered quilt blocks. 
After stamping and colouring with Copic markers, I hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white border. The sentiment is part of a larger sentiment so after masking off the parts of the sentiment I didn't want to use I inked and stamped it. I love when some simple masking can make my stamps go further. 
I cut a white background piece to fit my A2 size base and ran it through my Big Kick with a doily embossing folder and added my stamped image.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Bluebird - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Swinging Birthday - High Hopes Rubber Stamps


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, Oblong Doily embossing folder - Darice


 Copic Markers:


Bird - BG01 BG05 BG07 BG09 Y11 Y15 Y17

Leaves - G05 G07 G28 

Branch - E34 D335 E29

Flowers - Y13 Y08 Y26 Y11 Y17 



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. My friend..... this card is just gorgeous! The CAS design adds to the beauty of it! Love the embossed doily and the blue bird just pops against the white! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete