Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 10 June 2021

Fairy Wishes

It's all about the magic of fairies with "Flying Fairy" from the Mix It Up Release at High Hopes. 
Honestly, I wasn't told a lot about fairies when I was growing up but as I got older and could choose the books I wanted to read I found a few fantasy type books that exposed me to the magic of fairies. I used to watch for fire flies and when I saw them imagined they were fairies. 
I chose to add this gorgeous stamp to an inked background I created hoping to give my card a magical feel. 



I stamped this fun fairy and coloured her using Copic markers. I added some clear sparkle pen to her wings and wand but it is hard to see in the photo. Next I hand fussy cut her leaving a thin white edge.
To make my background, I used some inks, water, Silver Stickles and white acrylic paint on watercolour paper. To create the background I used a similar process to creating a galaxy background and added some of my own "touches".

After creating my very sparkly background I used a swirling star die to cut some of it out. Some white glitter paper was added behind the stars for some extra sparkle. It is really hard to get a good picture of all the sparkle on this card - it is very sparkly in person but creating the background was so fun. After stamping the sentiment, I cut it to size and added it to some matching card stock.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Flying Fairy  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Make A Wish - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Inked Background


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, Not Quite Navy and Summer Sun Stampin' Up ink, Rosebud Memento ink, Seedless Preserves Distress ink, white glitter paper, swirling stars die - Tim Holtz, Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, silver Stickles


 Copic Markers:

Skin  - E00 E21 E11

Dress - R81 R83 R85

Flowers -V22 V25 V17 YG01 YG03 YG17

Hair - E34 E35 E29

Wand - Y11 Y08 Y38 C2 C4 V22 V25

Wings - C1 C2 blender




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




1 comment :

  1. Wow!!!! What an amazing card!! I absolutely love how you made this background!! It's just stunning! And then to cut out some stars and add white behind.... brilliant! I bet it just lights up the room with its sparkle. Another amazing make my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete