Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 11 May 2023

Just Cruisin'

 No long road trip is complete without these famous words....are we there yet? Whether it is a family heading out on vacation or two friends going for a long drive it just seems to happen at least once on a long trip. When we were kids we always asked at least once and now as an adult it happens when I'm on a long drive with a friend. This usually brings a good laugh and a conversation about the times we did it to our parents as kids and creates new memories and laughs. "Just Cruisin'" brings back some of these wonderful memories and is perfect for a card for one of my long drive, road trip friends. 



After stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured with Copic markers and hand fussy cut the stamp. I set it aside and cut out a tree from a house and tree die and added some ink to it. Next I cut some big puffy clouds and set them aside. Patterned paper that looked like a sunrise was perfect for my background so I cut it out using a circle die. I cut a piece of white card stock to fit my card base and after centering the circle die I cut it out and glued it down to the card stock base. Before I built the scene, I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment directly on the card stock. 
I cut a piece of grey card stock to look like the road and after sizing it to the height I wanted, glued it and the tree down. A black marker was used to edge the circle and tree to help the layers pop. I added the clouds and stamped image and added some enamel dots to finish off this clean and simple card. 

Card Details
Stamps -Just Cruisin' (SLF022) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Are We There Yet? (G200) 
Patterned Paper - Watercolor Wishes - Lawn Fawn

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, circle die, tree die - Your Next Stamp, cloud die - Die'Sires, Stampin' Up ink, enamel dots 

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E21 E11
Tires - T4 T5 T8
Car - R24 R37 R59 C1 C2 C4
Headlight - Y11
Tail light - R14
Top/Steering Wheel - E31 E34 E35
Windshield - W1
Beards - C2
Clothing - B34 B37 B39 B91 B93 B95



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. Such a cutie! The image just pops with the white paper. Love how you coloured this! I remember asking "are we there yet" and always getting the answer "another 5 min" lol. Another amazing card by the talented you!

    ReplyDelete