Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 24 November 2022

Christmas Joy

  I can say it is officially winter is here where I live. I am writing this post on Sunday evening after spending the day in what felt like a snow globe. We were "blessed" enough to be in a snowsquall band that blanketed the area from Saturday night until around noon today with a good 20+ cms of snow and blizzard like conditions most of the day. 

I hunkered down in my craft room because really....what else is there to do <smile> and worked on some Christmas cards. I wasn't going to go outside to build a snowman in that weather so I decided to build one on a Christmas card with "Christmas Joy Snowy" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 


                                                                                                                                   
 I stamped this adorable snowman on alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured him with Copic markers and cut him out using a stitched tag. A combination of patterned paper from Echo Park and Memory Box were perfect for this cutie so I cut them to fit my A2 size card base and rounded the bottom corners. I cut a second tag from matching cardstock to place behind the stamped tag. The tag doesn't have a hole in it so I punched one and put some ribbon through the hole and down the back of tag. 
I glued down my layers and added a branch, and a bow on top of the hole. Some clear sparkle pen added to the branches and star buttons and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Christmas Joy Snowy (S228) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Woodsy Plaid - Memory Box, I Love Christmas - Echo Park

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, ribbon - Close To My Heart, stitched tag die - Tutti Designs, branch die - Sizzix, enamel dots, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen

Copic Markers
Hat - E34 E35 E29 E49
Holly/Berries - G82 G94 G99 BG99 R05 R14 YR18 R56
Nose - Y21 Y38 YR18
Coat - E41 E42 E57 
Shading - B0000 B000


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





2 comments :

  1. This is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the green and tan on your snowman! He is just adorable! That bow and branch just finish this off perfectly! You have my address right? lol! I always love Thursdays with your cards my talented friend!!

    ReplyDelete