Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 3 November 2022

Snow Sweet Christmas

 My Mom loves snowmen. She had a large collection of them but had to downsize it last year when they moved in to a smaller home. It was hard on her but I have decided that I will start a new snowman collection for her.......in the form of cards! They don't take up much room - I know she keeps my cards <wink> and if I make her a snowman card each Christmas, she will be adding to her collection. Shhhh, don't tell her - this will be our little secret okay?

This year I decided to use "Snow Sweet Snowlady" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps for Mom's card. I think she is adorable! and I know Mom too and she loves turquoise so hopefully she will love this card. 


                                                                                                                                         
 I stamped this adorable snow lady on to alcohol marker friendly paper, coloured her with Copic markers and hand fussy cut her. I added some dots to her cheeks with a white gel pen, some clear sparkle pen to her poinsettia and some silver Wink of Stella to her hat band, the centre of the poinsettia and the centre of her candy buttons. I added the silver to bring out the silver in the patterned paper I used from Stampin' Up - what looks grey on the paper is actually shiny silver.
 
After cutting the snowflake paper to fit the A2 size card base, I laid a snowflake border die on the left edge of the card and cut it out. Next, I die cut the same snowflake border out of silver glitter paper and in laid it on the card. Then came the challenging part........putting all the tiny stripe pieces on to the left side of the card - a puzzle for sure! I haven't mastered photographing a card with glitter paper on it but it is very sparkly in real life. 

I used a simple wavy border die to cut a few snow banks to put behind the stamp to ground her, stamped the sentiment and added a few matching enamel dots to finish off the card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Snow Sweet Snowlady (S081) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Magic of Christmas (H258)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Winter Frost - Stampin' Up

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Spectrum Clear Sparkle pen, wavy border die - Your Next Stamp, Snowflake border die - Whimsy Stamps, Silver Wink Of Stella, white gel pen, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Hat/Scarf - BG32 BG13 BG49 BG75 BG99 
Bird - Y11 Y15 Y17 B000 B01 B02 B05
Poinsettia/Candy Cane/Buttons - R05 R27 R37 R59
Snowlady Shadow - B00 
Nose - T2 T4 T6 T8
Cheeks - R20


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





1 comment :

  1. Your Mom is going to love this card as it's just adorable! Love the teal colours. You my friend are so patient to inlay the die cut but it sure looks beautiful! Another fabulous card and design!!

    ReplyDelete