Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 23 March 2024

Birthday Hummingbird

I have a standing card order every year around this time. My Mom has a longtime friend who's birthday is in March and every year she asks me to make a card for her to go with her gift. 

Her friend loves pink and yellow and I usually try to do flowers for her because she loves flowers. This year my Mom told me after her lunch date that her friend has kept every card I have made for her. This just warms my heart and I am always super happy to do the card because my Mom is always so excited to see what I come up with and give it to her friend. This year I used a retired stamp called Sweet Hummingbird from Your Next Stamp. She loved her card!


I stamped on alcohol maker friendly paper, coloured with Copic markers and cut the stamp out with a pleated lace die. I set it aside and cut some patterned paper from Cocoa Vanilla and Kaisercraft to fit my A2 size base. I added some ribbon before gluing them down. I glued down the stamp, added the bow on top and finished it off with some enamel dots. I stamped the sentiment, cut it with a fish tail die, mounted it on matching cardstock and added it under the stamp.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Sweet Hummingbird - Your Next Stamp
Sentiment - Happy Birthday Script - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Midnight - Cocoa Vanilla, Sage & Grace - Kaisercraft

Hammermill digital cover stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, enamel dots, ribbon, fishtail banner die, pleated lace die - Gina Marie Designs

Copic List

Flowers - R81 R85 R89
Leaves/Stem - YG61 YG63 YG67 BG99
Stamen - Y11 Y18
Hummingbird - BG11 BG32 BG13 BG18 R24 R89

Thanks for popping by! Have a great day!



No comments :

Post a Comment