Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 28 February 2019

Dragonfly Smiles

I can never have enough cards in my stash to send to friends and family who are going through tough times. 
I love being able to send a smile or hug in the mail! 

I think Lg. J's Dragonfly fits the bill to bring a smile to someone - especially with those heart shaped cheeks! She definitely makes me smile!



I coloured this cutie with alcohol markers and hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge then popped her up with foam pop dots. I added some dots to her cheeks with a white gel pen and because I like a little sparkly somewhere on my cards, I added some clear sparkle pen to the hearts in the wings. 

I set her aside and die cut a cloud and grabbed my dauber and ink to create my sky background. Next I cut it to size and put it in my trusty Misti to stamp the sentiment in the perfect spot. I lightly drew the dashes with a pencil and then went over them with black marker once I was happy with their placement. Some twine and gumdrops finish off this fun, CAS style card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Lg. J's Dragonfly - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sending Smiles - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Sage and Grace - Kaisercraft
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, white gel pen, clear Spectrum Sparkle Pen, cloud die - Quickutz, baby blue ink - Memories, twine, foam pop dots - Forever In Time, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs

Spectrum Noir Markers: IGI IG3 
Copics: C00 RV11 RV32 RV34

Be sure to stop by the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment :

  1. Oh My Gosh!!!! What an adorable little dragonfly! I agree I love her cheeks! Your cloud background is absolutely amazing! I love this CAS style card! Another amazing make my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete