Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 24 February 2019

Lattice Birthday Flowers

Every year my Mom asks me to make a card for one of her dear friends. Okay honestly there is more then one friend that she requests a card for but this particular friend is always over the moon excited to receive a handmade card. 
It makes me happy to know that my Mom takes such pleasure in sharing a card with someone who appreciates it so much. 

 I have known this friend of my Mom's all my life. She has a huge personality, is kind, caring, full of life and is always dressed to perfection. She is so fun!! 
This year the request was flowers and her favourite colours are yellow and pink. In my mind, the request made the Lovely Lattice stamp from Stampin' Up the perfect stamp choice.



I chose to colour this pretty stamp with Prismacolor Premium Pencils and after colouring hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white line. Watercolor paper seemed to be the best fit to put behind this new lattice die I recently added to my collection. I wanted to keep my paper subdued to keep the focus on the flowers. I added some sparkle around the lattice edge with Stickles, stamped the sentiment and added a few gumdrops to finish it off. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Lovely Lattice - Stampin' Up! 
Sentiment: Happy Birthday Script - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Watercolor Wash Brights - MFT

Lattice Background die - Gina Marie Designs, Diamond Stickles, gumdrops - YNS

Prismacolor Pencils: Spanish, Canary, Lemon Yellow, Pink, Blush, Deco Pink, White, Olive, Apple, Spring Green, 20% Cool Grey 

I hope you have enjoyed my post! Thanks for stopping by! 



1 comment :

  1. Wow and more wow!!! This card is stunning and your Mom's friend will love it for sure! I love that stamp and your lattice background is perfect! Another amazing design my super fabulous friend!

    ReplyDelete