Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 21 April 2019

Healing Hugs

Let's face it - Cancer sucks! I have too many friends and family who have battled and continue to battle this nasty disease. 
My friend and artist for Whimsy Stamps Crissy Armstrong drew "Penguin Ray" in honour of her brother who is fighting cancer. All proceeds from the sale of the stamp go to support Make A Wish Canada, a cause near and dear to Ray's heart. 
I will never understand why the good people of the world get touched by this disease but to my friends and family who have fought and won and to those that continue to fight you truly are my hero's. 




After printing my digital stamp and colouring it with alcohol markers I hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. I added a heart to his bandage just for fun. 
 I set the stamp aside and decided on my card size. Next I cut a heart shape and laid it on the white base. Stampin' Up inks were perfect to do some ink blending in my heart to create a background for Penguin Ray. The sentiment is retired but I felt like it was appropriate for my card. Some matching gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Penguin Ray - digital - Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: Everyday Moments (retired) - Whimsy Stamps


Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 CT1 CT4 GB5 PP1 PP3 LY1 LY3
Copics:  B00 B01 B02 B18 

I hope you have enjoyed my post! Thanks for stopping by! 



1 comment :

  1. Great card for such an awful disease! I love that the proceeds go to Ray's favourite charity! You've certainly done this stamp justice with your design and colouring!

    ReplyDelete