Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 20 April 2019

Magical Birthday

Tomorrow is my neighbour's 5th birthday. I call her "Miss Magoo". She is an adorable, opinionated, happy, full energy little lady who makes me laugh almost every day. She, her brother and their dog are usually waiting at the window to wave, stick their tongue out or make a funny face at me when I get home from work or return from walking my dog. 
I chose to make a CAS (clean and simple) card for her birthday and also so I could include my card in a challenge. She loves dirt and mud but also, princesses and ponies so the Magical Ponies set from Your Next Stamp was perfect for her card. 



It is hard to take a picture that catches all of the sparkle on this magical pony! She is coloured with sparkle pens and a wink of stella pen - her mane and tail are super sparkly and her wings are filled in with Stickles. Miss Magoo does love her sparkle
I hand fussy cut around the pony leaving a thin white edge and added a touch of alcohol marker to the hooves. The sentiment is from the stamp set and I combined two sentiments by masking them to make one sentiment. The stars in the background are cut using a Tim Holtz die and some magical striped patterned paper from Your Next Stamp is peeking through them
I find CAS cards extremely challenging but I am also glad to have a challenge to play along with that forces me to step out of my comfort zone. Leaving so much white space just feels wrong to me but I am happy with how this one turned out even if I am sitting on my hands.........

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Magical Ponies - Your Next Stamp
Sentiment: Magical Ponies - Your Next Stamp
Patterned Paper: Fairytale Magic - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Sparkle Pens, Wink of Stella, Twinkle Stickles, Swirling Stars die - Tim Holtz 

Spectrum Noir Markers: IG1 IG3 IG5 

I am including this card in Fun Friday Challenge #112 - Clean and Simple at Your Next Stamp

I hope you have enjoyed my post! Thanks for stopping by! 



2 comments :

  1. "Miss Magoo" is going to absolutely love this card! I love all the sparkle and the stars cut out around the unicorn are a perfect touch! I always struggle with a "white space" but you rocked the CAS design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The stars create a great background. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS.

    ReplyDelete