Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 15 August 2019

Pumpkin Friends

I have a few friends going through some tough times and I am hoping this card will make one of them feel better or smile when they receive it. 


I had some  fun making a fall themed "hug in a card" using Pumpkin Border and Chubby Pumpkins from High Hopes. This is the first card I have made using a stamped border. I find it very challenging to find a way to use them to be honest. However, this card has started the border creative juices flowing so you may see more in the future.






After colouring my stamps with alcohol markers, I hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white border around the edge of the pumpkin border. Paper from MFT gave a subtle water color wash background and to me makes the card feel like a warm hug. I cut the border piece out using a stitched rectangle die - I had to cut the leaves on the edge to slip the die in behind the border to cut it. A matching stitched fishtail banner was perfect for the sentiment. Some ribbon and heart shaped sprinkles finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp:Pumpkin Border, Chubby Pumpkins - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: If Friends Were Pumpkins - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Water Color Washes - MFT

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, shape sprinkles - Doodlebug, stitched rectangle die - YNS, stitched fishtail banner die - YNS, ribbon - Stampin Up

Spectrum Noir Markers: OR1 OR2 OR3 CT4 GB4 GB7 CG4 DG3 JG6 EB3 EB6 EB5 
Copics: E31 E34 E37 


The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment :

  1. This card certainly feels like a warm hug! I love the subtle paper and that border is gorgeous! Your colouring is fabulous and those little hearts are the perfect touch! Another fabulous card my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete