Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 1 August 2019

Nuts About You

We have a ton of squirrels that live in my neighbourhood. Each morning there are about 10 - 15 babies that I watch play in my neighbours back yard racing up and around the tree trunks. 
Later in the day I see these babies and the adults busy collecting and packing their food for winter hibernation. 
Little Nutty Buddy reminds me of these squirrels and I wanted to use him on a card that I can put in my stash for just the right moment when I would like to let someone know in a fun way how important they are to me. 



I coloured up this cutie with alcohol markers, added some shading with Prisma pencils and cut him out using a circle die. The tip of his tail had to be cut a little to slide the die in under it to cut it the size I wanted it. 
Next I grabbed some paper from Carta Bella and cut it to fit my design. All of the paper edges including the leaves have a touch of umber ink on them to make them pop a little. 
Twine from my stash, skeleton leaves and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp:Little Nutty Buddy- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Nuts About You - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Hello Fall - Carta Bella 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, umber ink - Versa Mark, twine, fish tail banner die - YNS, banners #3 die - Sizzix, circle die - Spellbinders, skeleton leaves - Tim Holtz, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs, wood acorn - stash

Spectrum Noir Markers: CG1 DG2 YG3 EB1 RB1 RB2 RB3
Copics: E31 E34 E37 
Prismacolor pencils: dark brown, burnt ochre, putty beige, moss green, yellowed charteuse, sepia, sienna brown

The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment :

  1. I love this cute little guy! Your whole card is just perfect! I love the papers and inked edges! Of course your colouring and shading is perfect! Another adorable make my friend!

    ReplyDelete