Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 25 March 2021

Hat-itude!

  I Love when a stamp not only makes me smile but also brings back some fun memories! Gertie, Millie and Hattie from High Hopes Stamps does just that!

The memories are from a pre pandemic shopping trip I was on with my peeps. We were in a craft store around Halloween that had costume pieces.....including hats. One of us looking at the hats and trying one on turned in to all three of us trying on a hat followed by some schenanigans and a whole lot of laughs and fun. 

Yes there are pictures to prove it......but I don't think we had quite the same Hat-itude that these three have! I am also seeing a spring card design for these three fun chicks. Meet Gertie, Millie and Hattie!


After stamping these cuties I coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut them. I wanted to keep the design simple for this card because I wanted the "chicks" to be the focus - they are so fun!

The card size itself is a little different because it is more of a vertical format and I usually do square cards. A super talented crafty peep of mine introduced me to this size of card last year and it is fast becoming a favourite. The finished card size is 4.5"w x 5.5"h. 

Patterned paper from two different Echo Park pads were perfect for these fun chicks. I love plaid so after cutting it and the card stock to size I glued them down. Next I cut the green paper and card stock, glued them down and added them to the plaid base. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using a fish tail banner and added some matching card stock. Foam pop dots were added to the stamped image before placing them to add some dimension to my card.  Some ribbon and enamel dots finish of my simple design. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Gertie, Millie and Hattie - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Hat-itude - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Hello Easter, Spring Fling - Echo Park


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, ribbon, enamel dots, 3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time 


 Copic Markers:

Beaks and Legs - Y11 Y15 Y17 YR04

Bodies - C0 C1 C2

Leaves - YG23 YG17

Hats -Y11 Y13 Y15

Ribbons  - RV10 RV13 RV14 B01 B02 B05

Flowers - RV10 RV13


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





1 comment :

  1. Omgeeee I love these "chicks" and your colouring is perfect for them! I just about spit out my coffee when I read about the hat trying on escapade LOL. That was a fun day out! Of course I love the plaid and tilted rectangle! Perfect design for your card size! Another amazing make!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete