Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 8 April 2021

Butterfly Smiles

  I can never have too many Just Because type cards in my stash. "Butterfly Chick" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is a fun, versatile image that makes me smile and I hope it will do the same for the person I send it to.

I challenged myself to step out of my square card comfort zone and went on the hunt for a different shape of card. Slimline cards are quite popular in the crafting world but the mini slimline style peeked my curiosity. There are a couple different sizes out there but the finished size of 3" x 6" fit my stamp the best. I am very happy with the end result and I see more of this style in my future. 





After stamping my image, I coloured it with Copic markers and hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. Next I found some paper from two different collections from Lawn Fawn that worked together and cut them to size. I used a stitched scalloped edge to cut the edge of one piece for some added interest. 
Next I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using a fish tail banner die. I added the stamp to the card using foam pop dots and added some ribbon over the corner and enamel dots to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Butterfly Chick - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Sending Smiles - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Really Rainbow Christmas, Spiffy Speckles - Lawn Fawn  


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, Offray ribbon, stitched scallop edge - Kat Scrappiness, enamel dots, 3D foam pop dots


 Copic Markers:

Chick - Y13 Y08 Y26 Y21 Y35 Y38

Bow - BG01 BG05 BG09

Butterfly -N1 N2 N3 N5 Y21 Y35 Y38

Grass -YG01 YG03 YG17



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




1 comment :

  1. Love the mini slimline!! Never heard of them but will definitely be trying one soon! Your card is adorable and love the ribbon and bow across the corner! Your colouring and fussy cutting are amazing! Perfectly designed card again my super talented friend!

    ReplyDelete