Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 6 January 2022

Friends Are The Best

 High Hopes Rubber Stamps and the design team are celebrating friends and friendship this month with the Winter Friends Release. It is full of adorable images and sentiments - perfect for sending a card to let someone know you are thinking about them. I know I couldn't have gotten through the last couple years without a little help from my peeps. 

I have quite a few tags in my stamp collection but when I saw the Moose & Friends (TDG019) stamp in this release, I decided to challenge myself to use a tag stamp in a different way. Instead of stamping a sentiment in tag portion, I added a little scene just for something different and fun. This trio has spent the day in the outdoors and have shared some laughs and made some new friends! 


                                           
I stamped this adorable group of friends and coloured them with Copic markers. Next I hand fussy cut them leaving a thin white edge, glued them to card stock and cut them again leaving a thin blue edge a little wider than the white edge. I set them aside and went through the papers in the My Favorite Winter pad from Echo Park until I found some I thought worked together with my stamp and colours. I cut the pieces for my card base along with matching card stock to create my layers and used a loopy oval die to cut out one piece to create some interest. 

To create the scene inside the tag portion, I picked the blue snow flake paper, stamped the tag portion of the stamp and hand fussy cut it. Next I used a hills die to cut some snow banks for the tag as well as the rest of the background. I glued these pieced down and added some die cut trees and deer to finish off the scene. 
The sentiment was stamped and cut out, added a fish tail piece underneath it and some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Moose & Friends (TLD019) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Best Collectibles (FDG017)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: My Favorite Winter- Echo Park


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, tree die - Skating Rink Scene die - Your Next Stamp, Loopy Oval Die - Gina Marie Designs, deer die - Gina Marie Designs, hills die - My Creative Time Dies, oval die - Gina Marie Designs, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Moose - E34 E35 E29 E41 E42 E43 C1 C2 C4 C5

Moose Hat - RV29 RV39 RV69

Racoon - T4 T6 T8 W2 W4 W6

Bird - B00 B01 B02

Bird Hat - B39 BV29 C9




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




1 comment :

  1. Now my friend,....... you have seriously rocked this card!! I love the challenge you gave yourself! Such a cool idea to make the "tag portion" a part of the scene! I'll definitely be "borrowing" this idea! I just love the whole design of your card and of course your colouring! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete