Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 3 March 2022

Chick-en In

When I was younger my Grandpa had a farm which included a barn full of chickens. I can't say it was my favourite place on the farm - it was soooo noisy! but helping with chores meant we got some fresh eggs to take home - yummy!

The "Chicken Flock" stamp from the new "This & That" release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps brings back some fond memories of helping my Grandpa and Dad with the chores. It also brought out the giggles in me. While I was colouring this stamp I had to stop numerous times because I had quite a few giggle fits. This flock of chickens matched with the new "Just Chick-en In" sentiment helped me create a fun card that I can send someone to "check in" with them and hopefully bring a smile. 



I stamped this hilarious flock of chickens on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured it with Copic markers. Next I hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge. I had some patterned paper from an old Stampin' Up pad that I thought went will with my "farm and chicken" theme. After cutting the paper to fit my A2 size card base, I cut out an oval in the middle of the paper so the card stock would show through and it gave me an egg shape on the card. Next I stamped my sentiment, mounted it on matching card stock and added it to the twine I put across the bottom. Some die cut corners and glitter dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Chicken Flock (TLF036) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Just Chick-en In (FLL027- High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, oval die, glitter dots, twine, corner die (retired) - Whimsy Stamps


 Copic Markers:

Eggs - E2

Beaks/Legs - Y11 Y15 Y18

Bodies - E15 E17 E19 E18 W1 W2 W3

Combs - R05 R17 YR18

Grass - YG25 G24



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Oh my gosh this card makes me giggle! Love how you coloured it and the design with the cut out oval!! What great memories it brings up too! Love the corners, I always forget about my dies for that! Just s super duper amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete