Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 31 March 2022

Mother's Day Fairy

 Anyone else see a stamp they just have to have because it is so versatile and can be used for soooo many different occasions? 

That is how I felt when I saw the "Fairy On A Leaf" stamp in the new "This & That" release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. I think she will be perfect for Birthday, Thinking of You and Just Because cards and more but I have chosen to use her on a Mother's Day card this time. How sweet is this little fairy?!!






I stamped this sweet fairy on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured her with Copic markers. I cut her out with a square die and used a corner punch to round the corners to help soften the feel of the card. 

I love hand fussy cutting my stamps and this card is no exception....except there is a twist. After I cut the stamp using a square die, I laid a circle die over top of the image (I chose one slightly smaller then the image) and lightly traced the inside of the circle with a pencil. I cut a small hole into each section to get started, then cut around the inside of the pencil line and around the outside of the image leaving a small white edge and mounted it on matching card stock. This leaves some of the stamp edges on the outside of the circle instead of completely cutting the whole stamp.

Next I cut patterned paper from Honey Bee and Lawn Fawn and mounted them on card stock to fit the 5.5"x 5.5" card base, glued them down and added the stamped image. For a bit of interest I cut a thin square to put behind the stamp. Some cotton lace ribbon, a stamped sentiment and enamel dots finish off the card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp:Fairy On A Leaf (SLF031) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Mother's Day (FLL029) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Gingham Galore - Fall - Honey Bee Stamps, Watercolor Wishes Rainbow - Lawn Fawn


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, square and circle die, corner punch, cotton ribbon lace, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11

Hair - E34 E35 E29

Stem/Leaves -YG01 YG03 YG17

Dress - BV00 BV11 V25

Shoes - C1 C2 C4

Lady Bug - R14 R17 T5

Wings -C1 C2 blender



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. You are so right that this image is so versatile! I never would have thought Mother's Day but now you've made me think outside of my box!Love your card today, it's so soft and pretty! That card layout is perfect! (might have to steal it lol). I just love her purple dress with the yellows! Another amazing card my talented friend!!

    ReplyDelete