Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 9 April 2022

Mother's Day Roses

When I am having creative block, I will often pull out a stamp I love and push myself out of my creative "box". I find CAS (clean and simple) cards a huge challenge so that is the direction I went with this card. I also stepped out of my comfort zone to create an A2 size card - I don't do them often!

I am usually behind on making cards for Birthdays and other special events so I decided to use this gorgeous rose stamp for a Mother's Day card. I am blessed to have both my Mom and my Mother In Law to make cards for so I hope one of them will enjoy this creation. 




 I cut my alcohol marker friendly paper to size, stamped the roses and sentiment and coloured the flowers using Copic markers. 

Next, I found some matching card stock and cut a thin matt to go behind my image and added a few glitter dots to add a bit of sparkle. 

Stamp: Winter Roses Background - Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment - Mother Love (retired) - Whimsy Stamps

Hammermill Digital Cover Stock, Tuxedo Black Memento ink, glitter dots

Copic Markers
Roses - R81 R83 R85 R39
Leaves - G40 G43 G24 G28 

I will be adding this card to the March and April challenge on the Whimsy Stamps and Inspiration Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by! Have an awesome day!


1 comment :

  1. So beautiful Donna, I really love this hun! Lovely colouring and gorgeous creation xoxo

    ReplyDelete