Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 21 April 2022

To Cheer You

 Confession from a card maker....I'm a hugger. I love giving hugs and receiving hugs from family and friends - I miss them. The pandemic has put a kibosh on that over the last few years so the only hugs I can give are in a card! I love to have cards in my stash to send on a whim or just because. 

For this hug in a card I have used the "Momma's Love" stamp from the "Spring Fever" re-release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps. This Momma looks like she is comforting her little one with a hug so I think it is perfect for a hug in a card don't you?



 After stamping this sweet image on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured it with Copic markers, cut it out in a rectangle shape and used a corner punch to round the corners and soften the feel of the stamped image. I wanted my card to have a soft feel so I chose some patterned paper from the Flower Market and Spiffy Speckles pads from Lawn Fawn. I chose to keep the design of this A2 size card quite simple so the focus is on the stamp. Some ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Momma's Love (TDG030) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Hugs To Cheer (E055) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Spiffy Speckles, Flower Market - Lawn Fawn


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, ribbon, corner punch - Marvy, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Beaks - Y11 Y15 Y35

Bodies -Y00 Y11 Y15 Y13 Y18 Y15 E81

Grass - G40 G43

Flowers - RV32 RV34 RV95 G43 G24 Y11 Y15



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Absolutely perfect for a hug card. I don't know why but I never saw them hugging but now I do! Love the layers to your card design and of course the image is coloured beautifully! Another awesome make my talented friend! P.S. you give the best hugs!

    ReplyDelete