Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 14 April 2022

Spring Fever

 Fall is my favourite time of year .....but there is something to be said for spring. After a long, dreary, dark winter it feels so good when the days start to get longer and the mountains of snow start to melt. There is nothing better then those first few days when the temperatures are above freezing, the sky is blue and sun is shining and feels soooo warm! Something about these days makes my heart happy and my insides giddy....I know, weird right? 

I have a girlfriend who loves to garden and the "Egg Drop" stamp from the "Spring Fever" re-release at High Hopes reminds me of her.....okay she is like this with plants not eggs but the happy dance she does is hard not to join in with. I hope you will join us in our spring happy dance!



I stamped the image on alcohol friendly paper, coloured her with Copic markers, added some clouds using a cloud die, ink and a dauber and cut her out using a pleated lace die. I set her aside and stamped my sentiment and cut it out with a fish tail banner die and cut a piece of matching card stock at the same time. Patterned paper from the Spiffy Speckles collection by Lawn Fawn was perfect for my image and card design so I cut it to fit the 5.5" x 5.5" card base. For the purple piece, I cut a scallop border using a die to add a bit of interest to my design. Some flowers and enamel dots finish off my card.  

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Egg Drop (TDG032) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Say Spring (E256) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Spiffy Speckles - Lawn Fawn


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, pleated lace rectangle die - Gina Marie Designs, flowers - Poppies & Paperie, enamel dots, cloud die - Quickutz, baby blue ink - Memories Ink, scallop edge die - Your Next Stamp


 Copic Markers:

Skin- E00 E21 E11 R20 R21

Hair/Basket/Shoes - E41 E42 E57

Clothing/Hat - V01 V12 V95 V99

Flowers - Y21 YR21 YR24

Chicks - Y11 Y13 Y15 Y19

Grass - G40 G43



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Donna!!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love her purple dress and hat, you've coloured everything perfectly! Those clouds in the background are stunning! Love your card design..... oh heck I love everything about your card! Your are so talented my friend!!

    ReplyDelete