Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 12 May 2022

Good Morning Sunshine!

I love the mornings I see the sunrise, they make me happy and some of them I look at and try to figure out what Copic colours I would use to colour them ...would that be considered distracted driving? <smile>

 I live in a small rural town so my drive to work every day is on country roads. I am also up very early and in the spring primarily, I am blessed to catch the sunrise. They just seem more stunning in the spring .... maybe that is because the winter is always long, dreary and dark where I live. 

It is catching the sunrise on my drive and seeing the sun come up behind the barns I pass that inspired my card using "Barn" and "Hello Sunshine" sentiment from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. Good Morning Sunshine! 




After stamping on Copic marker friendly paper, I hand fussy cut the barn leaving a thin white edge. I set it aside and created my sun ray background using a stencil and some ink on watercolor paper. I find inks blend better and I can add more layers of ink on watercolor paper then card stock so that is what I use for ink and ink blending. After inking the background I cut it to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base. 
I wanted the stamp to be the centre of attention so I went with a grey gingham background for my other patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a circle die and added it above the sun rays ...it kind of looks like the sun coming up <wink>. Twine and enamel dots finish off my card.                               

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Barn (TLF039) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Hello Sunshine (FDG031) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Gingham Galore Holiday - Honey Bee Stamps


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, sun ray stencil - Whimsy Stamps, Summer Sun ink - Stampin' Up, grass border die - Dress My Craft, twine, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Barn - R14 R27 R37 R59

Straw -Y11 Y15 YR23 Y26

Roof -T4 T6 T8 

Grass - YG25 G24 G28

Fence - E34 E35 E29

Weather Vane - C1 C2 C4 C5 




Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. I'm so jealous you get to see the sunrise (but not enough to get out of bed early LOL). Love the red barn and your colouring on it! That sun ray stencil is so cool and looks awesome behind the barn! Your twine and tiny bows finish off your card perfectly! You my friend are uber talented!!

    ReplyDelete