Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 19 May 2022

Lenny Love

I am in love with Lenny! We have a history Lenny and I and he is still one of my favourite High Hopes stamps.  I don't remember for sure how I found High Hopes, but I think it may have been at a local craft show back in 2012/13. At that time, they held challenges and as I started my journey in to card making, I started playing along with them. 

At some point, I won a challenge and got to pick a stamp as my prize. That was a challenge given there were a TON to choose from - I mean how do you pick just one?! But I narrowed down my list and chose "Lenny's Love Me Nots". He and his bird friend make me smile and I knew that I could use him for a lot of different card themes and bring a smile to someone else. 

In 2015 I was asked to guest design for High Hopes and guess what stamp I used?? You guessed it! Lenny was the star of one of my card and is actually the first sample card on the website. Now I look at that card and think of the 100 ways I would redo it but ..... it is part of my "history" with Lenny so I think I will leave it alone <wink>. Without further ado, meet Lenny! 



After stamping and colouring Lenny with Copic markers, I cut him out using a pleated circle die. I tried him with a few different patterned paper colours but the greens really made him pop so green it is. I chose patterned paper from three different lines - Photo Play, Lawn Fawn and MFT and cut them to fit my design and 5.5" x 5.5" card base. I added some ribbon, flowers from my stash and a die cut leaf sprig for embellishments and finished off my card with some enamel dots.

                                                      
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Lenny's Love Me Nots (S110) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Being A Friend (FDG018) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Delightful & Tailored Plaid - Photo Play, Perfectly Plaid Spring - Lawn Fawn, Watercolor Wash Brights - MFT


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, flowers - Recollections, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, pleated lace circle die - Gina Marie Designs, ribbon, enamel dots, leaf sprig die - Gina Marie Designs


 Copic Markers:

Lenny - YG01 YG03 YG17 G28

Toenails/Horns - C1 C4

Bird -Y11 Y15 Y17 B01 B02 B05 

Flower- Y11 Y15 Y17 G05 G07 G20 E01 E93 E95

Grass - YG17 G25 G28



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



3 comments :

  1. Just WOW!!!!! OMG Lenny looks incredible the way you coloured him and against the lime green papers! He really pops and the colour of the flower and bird just add another pop! Love your story about Lenny and the history to your time with HH! You my friend are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenny just makes you smile! Excellent coloring!

    ReplyDelete