Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 23 June 2022

Hog Happy Birthday

 I have a few friends who love pigs. They think they are awesome and would love to have a property to keep some on. I have had a few experiences in my life with pigs - mostly feeding them and cleaning out their pens. For the most part they were friendly and kind of comical actually especially the piglets. It was fun to watch them experience new things as they are quite curious and smart. 

I can't say they are one of my favourite animals but for some of my friends they are so when I saw the "Hog Happy" stamp in the "Let's Celebrate" re-release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps, I knew this cute hog with her balloon and party hat would be perfect for one of their birthday cards. 

                                                                               

                                                                                     

After stamping my image on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured it with Copic markers and cut it out using a stitched scalloped nesting tag. I set it aside and cut patterned paper from Craft Consortium and Echo Park to fit my design and 5.5" x 5.5" card base. Next, I stamped the sentiment, cut it to size and added it to some matching card stock. I glued down the tag and sentiment and added flowers from Poppies & Paperie, enamel dots and a bow to finish off the card. 
          
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Hog Happy (TDG039), Spring Pond (TLF034)  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Birthday (FDG038) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Bright Blooms - Craft Consortium, Coffee & Friends - Echo Park


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, twine, enamel dots


 Copic Markers:

Body - E01 E93 E95

Balloon - G21 G24 G28

Hat - R81 R83 R85 RV11 RV32 RV34


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



2 comments :

  1. What an adorable card to wake up to this morning! Love the way you coloured this cutie and the card design! The hearts you added to the balloon are just too adorable! Loved watching this card come together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is mega cute and thanks for listing your Copic colours I need to try this new piggy combo!

    ReplyDelete