Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 14 July 2022

Frozen Penguin Greeting

 I love Christmas in July! I have a lot of Christmas cards to do every year and doing cards in July gets me started nice and early! I will also be making cards till the last minute because I have added more people to my list but that is a me thing. I have a lot of friends and family who love penguins so I need a lot! of Christmas card featuring them. 

My first penguin Christmas card for this year features "Frozen Fun" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. He just makes me smile and I love that High Hopes has so many penguin stamps to choose from - I think they are now all on my wish list!


After stamping my penguin on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured him with Copic markers and cut him out with a circle die. It is hard to see in the photo, but there is a touch of silver Wink of Stella on the snowflake tips on the bucket. 
Using a Fiskars circle cutter, I cut a piece of card stock to size to go behind him. Next I got my A2 size card base and laid the stamped image on it. 

I didn't want to keep the whole circle for my design so I decided how much I wanted to cut off the edge and cut the card stock piece as well. Patterned paper from an old pad from My Mind's Eye worked well for the background. 

Next I cut a second piece of patterned paper in a strip and trimmed it to the size I wanted for the design. Some silver trimmed matching ribbon was cut to size and added to the strip. I stamped and sized the sentiment, glued it down and added some enamel dots for the finishing touch.                                


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Frozen Fun (S240) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Penguin Greeting (K051) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Comfort & Joy - My Minds Eye


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, circle die, Fiskars circle cutter, ribbon, silver Wink of Stella, ribbon


 Copic Markers:

Body - T4 T6 T8 W1 W2 Y11 Y15 Y17

Sign - E30 E31 E43 E47

Snow - B0000 B000 B21

Bucket - G21 G24 G46 G29

Ear Muffs, Tie - G24 G46 G29



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. My friend this card is absolutely adorable! And not just because I love Penguins LOL! I love the soft green on your papers and you coloured the image beautifully! And of course your tiny bows always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete