Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 28 July 2022

Hippo For Christmas

 When I was a child and I heard the hippopotamus for Christmas song all I could do was giggle. All I was hoping for was a puppy or pony ... but a hippo!???!! I mean I did think it through for a bit....how would I explain to Mom that the one tub in the house is now for the hippo, what would I feed it, where would I keep it after it out grew the tub? So many questions with no easy answers so, I stuck with wishing for a puppy or pony! 

As an adult I see the humor behind the song and have way too much fun singing it with the littles in my life and giggling as we try to get through singing it. I know one of them goes where I did in her head trying to figure all the details out and all I can do is just knowingly smile.....because.......really........who doesn't want a hippopotamus for Christmas?

                                                       

This adorable hippo is stamped on alcohol maker friendly paper, coloured with Copic markers and cut out using a big and little pierced chain die. After cutting a piece of card stock for the back I set it aside. There has been a present die in my die collection for awhile now just waiting for the perfect opportunity to be used, so I cut some presents out of matching card stock and box edges and bows out of some green glitter paper for a bit of sparkle.
After gluing all the pieces together, I cut a piece of patterned paper from Doodlebug for my card base and a piece of water color paper to go in behind the stamped image. I glued everything down and then stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a fish tail banner. Some glitter dots finish off my card. 
 
Card Recipe 

Stamp: Party Hippo (S201) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Hippopotamus For Christmas (H201) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Christmas Town - Doodlebug

Watercolor Wishes - Lawn Fawn

Glitter paper - American Crafts


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, present die - Gina Marie Designs, big and little chain die - Gina Marie Designs, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp, glitter dots


 Copic Markers:

Hippo - N1 N2 N4 N5 N8

Confetti - Y02 YR23 E47

            Present - YG03 YG17 YG67 BG99



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Love your memories that this Hippo brings up and that you are passing it on to your littles! Your card is beyond cute! Love the presents behind the hippo that you die cut! Your colouring is amazing as aways but that green present is stunning! Another awesome make my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete