Header Mine

Header Mine

Monday 24 October 2022

Floral Bridal Shower

 I did something this weekend that I haven't done in a very, very long time. I went to a bridal shower! Even pre-pandemic, I can't remember the last time I went to a bridal shower but I knew I needed a card. 

The bride to be is a beautiful young lady who has her own floral business so I knew I wanted flowers on the card but I don't really have a lot of flower stamps. Her work is modern and incredible so the pressure was on.  Stepping completely! out of my comfort zone I set about making a card using dies. 

I have quite a few flower, vine and leaf dies so I was hoping something would come together. Round 1 went to the card - definitely NOT happy with that one! Round 2 was a  tie - it was a little better (after I found out the bride's colours) but it still wasn't right so the card was put in to a time out for about a week while I thought about how to save it. Thankfully, I came up with a few additions that I think turned out alright. Of course seeing the card I would change a few things but thankfully, she LOVED the card! 


The colours I had to work with were burgundy, champagne and rose so I started this card by cutting the card base out of a close match to the champagne colour. I cut out the background using a Tim Holtz mixed media die and added some matching ink to it to help it stand out a bit. I cut a second piece, inked it and set it aside. 

Next I cut flowers out using more dies (listed below) and played around with the arrangement of them. I am not good at collaging things so this was even more out my comfort zone then doing a card without a coloured image! 

Once I figured out the layout I added some skeleton leaves and added ink to the edges of each flower and leaf. The flower centres of the burgundy flowers and the champagne coloured flowers have Spectrum sparkle pen added to them as well. To finish off the card I cut the centre out of the second mixed media piece I had cut and added it to the top corner and popped up two of the burgundy flowers with 3D foam pop dots.

Card Recipe

Sentiment - Teeny Tiny Wishes - Stampin' Up

Bazzill cardstock 

Tim Holtz dies - 

Skeleton Leaves, Funky Foliage, 

Wildflowers #2, Mixed Media #1

Inks - Blush Blossom, Rich Razzleberry - Stampin' Up, Colorblox

Spectrum Sparkle Pen

Thanks for popping by! Have a great day!





No comments :

Post a Comment