Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 27 October 2022

O-fish-ally Awesome

  If you have read some of my past blog posts, you will know that I struggle with masculine cards and I don't fish. I mean I did do a little fishing when I was a kid but as an adult it isn't my thing. My hubby doesn't fish either but we have a few friends in our lives who love it, so when we need a birthday card for one of these friends ..... I need to get creating. 

Last year, High Hopes did a Gnome Mania release and at that time I took notice of the fishing themed stamps in the release. I wanted to challenge myself to find a way to use the "Just Fishin' and Fishing Shack" stamps together on a card. This stamp pairing has been perculating in my brain for awhile now so I am glad it has finally come together! 



                                                                                                                                            
 This stamp combo was a lot of colouring but I think they work well together. They also needed to be put on a 6x6 card base - a larger size then I normally do. I stamped them on to alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured them with Copic markers. After the colouring was done, I cut the sky line a little lower then the top of the shack roof so the stack and roof stuck out the top to add a little fun to the card. 
Fishing themed patterned paper from Carta Bella was my choice and I die cut fish net to tuck in behind the stamps. I used two different sentiments for this card - the Happy Birthday is masked out of a larger stamp. I added one sentiment with what my hubby thinks is a lure spinner he found when we were walking the dog. Since he found it the week I was working on getting the colouring done, I took it as a sign lol - I needed to use it on the card. I put it on to look like it was caught in the fish net and we will deliver this card in person so I don't have to worry about things laying totally flat to be mailed. Enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Just Fishin' (TLF029), Fishing Shack (TLF038) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - O-fish-ally (FLL019), Dropping A Line (TLL013) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Gone Camping - Carta Bella

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, fish net die - Tutti Designs, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Gnome - E00 E21 E11 E04 W0 W1 W2 B34 B37 B39 B97 R05 R17 YR18 R56 R59 E34 E35 E29
Stump, Poles, Shack - E23 E25 E27 E29
Shack Roof - C1 C2 C4 C7 E08 E09 blender
Sky - B000 B00 B41 B52
Grass, Fish - YG61 YG63 YG67 BG99
Plants - G46 G28 G29 BG99
Pond - B00 B12 B14 B16 
Rocks W1 W3 W5 W7



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!





1 comment :

  1. Wow, wow, wow.....!!!!! I want your brain lol! What an amazing combination of stamps!! The scene you created is just awesome! I love how you made the gnome wear plaid, it's just too cute! The roof of the shack with the rust is perfect! Not to mention how you used the lure to look like you "caught" the sentiment! Everything is just perfect on this card my amazing talented, uber talented friend!!

    ReplyDelete