Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 21 December 2023

Pawsing To Say

 Phew! It was a marathon but I am finally done my Christmas cards...and just in the nick of time! Now that I have them done, I can think about the other cards I will need for next year. 

I, like most card makers I'm sure, need a variety of cards. This week I decided to have some fun and step out of my comfort zone to create a CAS (clean and simple) card for my Just Because, Thinking of you card stash. 
Puppy Pals from High Hopes Rubber Stamps is perfect for this style of card.


I decided to have some fun and created my own background paper for this card. The first step was to cut a piece of white card stock to the size I needed to fit my A2 size card. Next, I took Mowed Lawn Distress ink and smooshed it on to a piece of acetate, misted the piece of acetate with water and "kissed" the white card stock to the ink. I rotated the paper to get "kisses" of colour where I wanted them on the paper and set it aside to dry.
While the paper dried, I hand fussy cut the stamped image I had coloured with Copic markers leaving a thin white line. I found some water colour look paper to match and cut it out using fish tail banner dies. I stamped the sentiment directly on one of them and then layered them together, glued them down and added the stamped image. A heart banner in the corner finishes off the card. 

Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Puppy Pals (SS034)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Pawsing To Say (G306) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Bloom & Wild - Craft Consortium

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, fishtail banner dies, Mowed Lawn Distress ink, heart banner die - Whimsy Stamps

Copic Markers
Noses - N3 N5 N8 10 
Bodies - E13 E15 E17 E18 C1
Grass - YG61 YG63 



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments :

Post a Comment