Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 4 January 2024

Create

  Happy New Year! I am back after a bit of a break over Christmas and happy to be back in my craft room creating! I hope you all had a good Christmas - I know we did <smile>. For my first card of 2024 I decided to start the year with a smile  and have some fun with "Happy Pigs" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps - how can you not just smile along with these two!?!







After colouring these cuties with Copic markers, I cut them out with a stitched tag die and set them aside. I chose paper from My Favorite Things and Carta Bella to create the background design and rounded the corners of the polka dot paper with my corner rounder. I cut an envelope edge die and added some small scallops to the top and bottom the tag for added interest. 
I inked the edges of all the paper and tag with Vintage Photo Distress ink and set them aside. 
To create the sentiment I masked off the words I wanted (it is a larger sentiment) and first stamped the word create and after drawing a light pencil line under it I masked off the bottom line and stamped it. This often takes two, three or more tries but this time it worked the first time! After gluing down the paper layers, I added the tag - after putting some lace through the hole, added some flowers with enamel dots in the centre and added enamel dots to the four corners to finish off my card. 


Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Happy Pigs (TT133)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Somedays (GG024) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Gingham Galore - My Favorite Things
Dots & Stripes - Carta Bella

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Stitched Scallop Nesting Tag - Kat Scrappiness, envelope edger die - Whimsy Stamps, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger, lace ribbon, flowers, corner rounder, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Fence - E23 E25 E27
Pigs - E01 E02 E93 E95 R21 C2 C4 C5
Bird - B02 B04 B06
Mud - E34 E35 E29
Grass - YG03 YG17



Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments :

Post a Comment