Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 18 January 2024

Eat Cake!

I had a few friends growing up that when the going got tough, we would get together and eat our ultimate comfort food.......cake! I am still friends with a few of these amazing ladies although we don't live close enough to each other to do an impromptu cake get together like we used to. However, when we are able to get together ...you know there will be cake! Baking gnome from High Hopes Rubber Stamps reminds me of these days and friends so I decided to use him for a card for one of them.



I coloured with Copic markers and cut the stamp out using a square xstitch die. I found some patterned paper from Memory Box and cut it to fit my A2 size card base. To create the wave, I cut the paper with a hill die and then trimmed the straight edge off to the size I wanted after laying it beside the larger piece. I used an embossing folder the add some texture to both of these pieces before gluing them down. I cut a banner to go behind the image, stamped the sentiment and cut it out with an oval die. All of the paper and stamped image are inked around the edges with London Fog ink. After gluing the banner down, I cut the stamp square with the stamped image to fit the edge of the card and glued the sentiment down over one corner. Some enamel dots finish off my card. 

Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Baking Gnome (SLF035)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Eat Cake (FDG026) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Spring Plaid - Memory Box

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, polka dot embossing folder - Cricut, xtitched square die - Gina Marie Designs, fishtail banner die, oval die, London Fog ink - Memento, hill die, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Skin - E00 E21 E11
Cake - E23 E25 E27
Stand/Shoes - C1 C2 C4
Clothes - B00 B01 B02
Flowers - RV10 RV14 RV21
Bowl/Spoon - E41 E42 E43


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments :

Post a Comment