Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 27 October 2019

Just Because Dragon

Dreamy Dragon has been in my stamp stash for awhile now and today I am taking a break from Christmas cards to colour this cutie up. I like to colour something completely different when I have creative block, it often helps kick start the creative train. 
I like to have "just because" type cards in my stash to send to friends or family members who may need a little pick me up. 
Dreamy Dragon is so relaxed and peaceful and just makes me smile. I hope he brings a smile to whom ever I end up sending him to as well. 



After colouring the stamp with alcohol markers and Prisma pencils I cut him out using an oval die. I cut a second die for the background and off set it slightly from the main image. I chose patterned paper from Lawn Fawn and inked all the edges with antique linen distress ink to make the layers pop a little. 
I will probably end up mailing this card so my embellishments of ribbon, shaped sprinkles and flowers helped keep my design mailable. 
Twinkle Stickles (hard to see in the photo) were added to the flower centres and the dreamy dots around the dragon. I cut a cloud die and used baby blue ink to create my clouds for the background.

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Dreamy Dragon (digital) - Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: Everyday Mini Sentiments - Whimsy Stamps
Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn

Hammermill digital cover stock, Tuxedo Black Memento ink, shape sprinkles - Doodlebug, Big and Little Pierced Chain die - Gina Marie Designs, fishtail banner die - YNS, antique linen distress ink, Baby Blue Memories ink, Twinkle Stickles, Stampin Up ribbon, Quickutz cloud die. 

Spectrum Noir Markers: CT1 CT4 GB5 CG4 DG3 JG6 CG1 CG2 YG3 MB1 MB2 
Prisacolor Premier Pencils: beige, sienna beige, light umber, indigo blue


I hope you have enjoyed my post! Thanks for stopping by! 



1 comment :

  1. I love this cutie!! He is just so sweet and of course your colouring shows him off perfectly! Those clouds in the background are awesome! I hope he helped you get over your block! Another awesome make my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete