Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 10 October 2019

Santa's Surprise

Growing up the rule was when the presents were put under the tree we could  look at them but not touch them and definitely not pick them up! I can remember doing "watch for Mom duty" numerous times while my brothers picked up presents and tried to guess what was inside by the weight and shape. 
Thankfully they usually didn't guess correctly and still got surprised by their gifts on Christmas morning. 
"Santa's Surprise" paired with the "Peeking, Poking, Shaking" sentiment  brought back some fun memories and a few chuckles as I created my card. 



After stamping Santa I coloured him with alcohol markers and cut him out using an oval die. I added some sparkly Stickles to his hat and coat trim - I love adding sparkle to my Christmas cards! 
I chose paper from Echo Park for my base and cut the pieces to fit my design. Some fishtail banners - one in matching glitter paper - were perfect to add some detail. Matching sparkly ribbon and my fav - gumdrops - finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Santa's Surprise - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Peeking, Shaking, Poking - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: A Perfect Christmas - Echo Park

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, oval die - Gina Marie Designs and Sizzix, Silver Wink of Stella, Star Dust Stickles, ribbon - Galena, gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: CR7 CR11 DR6 PP1 BG5 BG7 BG10 TN1 EB1 MB1 CG1 DG2 DG4
Prismacolor Pencils: 10% cool grey, 30% cool grey

The High Hopes Design team posts daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment :

  1. That sentiment brings up memories of my sis and I checking out the presents under the tree too! What a beautifully coloured image! I love the strip of glitter paper you added! My friend you continue to amaze me with your colouring and card designs!

    ReplyDelete