Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 27 August 2020

Just Motorin' By

 I am having some fun with a humorous birthday card I created for my younger brother (shhh don't tell him). He is celebrating a milestone birthday (he's joining the 50 club) and is also the "teaser, joker" in the family so when I saw Walker Walter in the Summer 2020 new release I had to get him for my brother's card. 

I can't lie, I giggled a lot when this card started to come together in my head......and even more so when it started to come together for real. I decided putting Walter on a slider was perfect for this card. 


After colouring Walker Walter with alcohol markers, I hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white border and set him aside. I decided some grey wood patterned paper with a touch of blue was perfect for the base of my masculine themed card. The light grey sponged look paper fit perfectly in to my plan and after cutting it to size, I used a slider die to cut the "track".

Some cloudy blue sky paper in the background helped complete my mini scene and I added some extra clouds just for fun. This piece is popped up using foam pop dots so the slider will move. Next, I cut the balloons and although it is hard to see on the photo, there is some clear sparkle pen on them just to add a smidge of sparkle. 

I put the balloons on an angle so when he is moved across the card the balloons are "flowing" with him. Some twine and enamel dots finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 

Stamp: Walker Walter - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment: Just Motorin' By - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Indigo Skies - Kaisercraft


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, slider die - Die-namics, clear Spectrum Sparkle Pen, circle die, balloon die - Gina Marie Designs, cloud die - Die'Sires, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs, 3D foam pop dots - Forever In Time


 Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers:


Walter - E00 E21 E11 

Jeans - TB8 BT9 TB9 

Short - B00 B02 B04

Shoes - EB3 EB6 EB5 

Walker - C1 C3 C5 C7 C9

Horn - C1 C3 C5 YG01 YG03

Tennis Ball - YG01 YG03


                                                               

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. Oh My Gosh this card just makes me giggle! Brilliant idea to put Walter on a slider! Love the added balloons to make it a birthday theme! Of course Walker Walter is coloured perfectly and your fussy cutting always amazes me! Your Brother is going to get a kick out of this!!

    ReplyDelete