Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 25 February 2021

You Know You're Old When......

One of my Dad's favourite sayings is "My memory is good...it's just short!". As kids growing up we thought it was funny and it always made us giggle. However, as I am getting older, I am finding more and more truth in that statement and I find myself saying it quite often! 

When I saw the "Memory" sentiment and "Online Olive" stamps from High Hopes Rubber Stamps it reminded me of this saying and how true it is the older I get. I find myself having to make lists either on paper, my phone, or computer to try not to forget things....until I forget which way I wrote the note and where...<smile>. I chose to use this stamp combo for a humourous Birthday card because I can't have enough humourous cards in my stash.  



I stamped Olive, coloured her and her cat friend with Copic markers and cut her out using a square pleated lace die. I chose patterned paper from Carta Bella and cut it to fit my 5.5"x5.5" card base. Bazzill came through with the perfect matching card stock and I cut a layer to fit behind each piece of patterned paper and the stamp. 
Next, I stamped the Memory sentiment and masked off the Happy Birthday from the Swinging Birthday sentiment. They were cut to size and mounted on matching card stock. Some cotton lace ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Online Olive - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiments: Memory, Swinging Birthday - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Farmhouse Market - Carta Bella 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, square pleated lace die - Gina Marie Designs, enamel dots, cotton lace ribbon - stash


 Copic Markers:

Skin - E00 E21 E11 E04 Lips R32

Chair - C2 C3 C5 E30 E31 E43

Slipper, Mug - R20 R21 R22 R24

Smoke - C1 C2

Desk - E34 E35 E29

Shirt - R20 R21 R22 Polka Dots - R24 R21

Hair - C1 C2 C3

Pants - B21 B24 B23 B45

Lightning Bolts - Y11 Y08

Cat - E30 E31 E43

Monitor, Keyboard - C1 C2 C3


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. Well this card and sentiment just made me giggle! Such a fun sentiment and Olive is perfect to go with it! Love that pleated lace die and the bit of lace behind it! Another amazing card!

    ReplyDelete