Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 9 September 2021

Waiting For Santa

  The Christmas Cheer release is now live and full of adorable images to help you get your Christmas card started! 

When I saw the "Santa Boy & Reindeer Dog" stamp in this release I pictured them sitting under the tree waiting for Santa. I had made some cascade front or double angle card bases a couple weeks ago and decided to try to bring my idea to life on one of these bases. This fold is easier to make than it looks and folds flat for mailing. Perfect for a Christmas card!



                                                                                      
      After stamping this adorable pair on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured them with Copic markers and hand fussy cut them. I set them aside and stamped my sentiment. This is cut in half as it stuck out the side too far to leave it in the original shape. 
Using some templates I had cut, I added some wood patterned paper to the base. Next, I cut more pine branches than I can count - I was seeing them when I closed my eyes - and formed my Christmas tree on the base. I added some hand fussy cut light strings cut from a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper I had in my stash.  To finish my card, I glued down the sentiment (after adding it to matching card stock) and image and added a die cut star to the top of the tree. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Santa Boy & Reindeer Dog - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Sm. Christmas Script - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper - Whitewash Wood - Recollections, Christmas Lights paper - Pizazz

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, star die - Swirling Stars - Tim Holtz


 Copic Markers:

Skin  - E00 E21 E11 

Hair - E23 E25 E27

Buckle - Y11 Y15 Y26 Y28

Antlers -E50 E51 E53 E55 G17 G28 B39

Basket - E34 E35 E29

Dog - E34 E35 E29

Ornaments - G17 G29 B39 Y11 Y15 Y17 R14 R27 R37

White Shadow - C2, blender


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!












1 comment :

  1. Wow!!!!!! Love this card base! It's so cool and works perfectly for your card design! Love your colouring on the image too, perfect!! You must be dreaming of pine branches (or having a nightmare) LOL. Another amazing car my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete