Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 9 December 2021

Happy Holidays Sled

 Winter is here and Christmas is just around the corner and that means there are lots of Christmas and winter decorations popping up on front lawns, porches and houses. 

Snowman Sled from the Woodland Winter release reminds me of some of the gorgeous decorations I see in my travels to and from work. My drive is very rural but some of the small towns I pass through have some gorgeous decorations. This stamp reminds me of some the "country" feel decorations I see and that is what inspired my card design. This re release is full of fun winter stamps and perfect for Christmas, winter and winter birthday cards! You can see the full release here 




                                                             
After stamping this cutie with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. It is hard to see in the picture but there is clear Spectrum Sparkle pen added to the berry branches. 
I mixed some patterned paper from Echo Park and Whimsy Stamps to help create my country feel back ground. The plaid paper is cut out using a pleated lace rectangle die to add some interest to my card.  I edged all of the paper edges with walnut stain distress ink and glued them down on my A2 size card base. Next I stamped the sentiment, inked the edges and added it to matching card stock.
I added some cotton ribbon from my stash and some die cut berries, I think they match the stamp pretty well. I added the stamped image with foam pop dots  and finished off the card with enamel dots. 

Card Recipe 

Stamp: Snowman Sled - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Happy Holidays - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: Jingle All The Way - Echo Park, Tartan - Whimsy Stamps


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, walnut stain distress ink, pleated lace rectangle die - Gina Marie Designs, berries die - Tim Holtz, enamel dots, foam pop dots, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen 


 Copic Markers:

Nose - YR21 Y35 Y38

Sled - E55 E43 E47 W2 W4 W6

Bird - Y17 R05 R17 YR38

Heart - R05 R27 R29

Hat -R05 R17 YR28 T4 T6 T8

Holly/Berries - YG61 YG63 YG67 R27

Scarf - YG61 YG63 YG67

Branches - E40 E43 E31 

Shading - B000 B00


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




1 comment :

  1. I love the country feel to this card! You have a knack of putting papers together! Beautifully coloured and designed! Another fabulous make my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete