Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 2 December 2021

North Pole Gift

Who loves sneak peeks?! I know I do and it is my pleasure to share a sneak peek of "North Pole Penguin" who will be available to purchase on Monday! This adorable penguin has some special gifts for Santa and Mrs. Claus so he is waiting for Santa at the North Pole to deliver them in person.

I can never have too many penguin themed Christmas cards - and I never seem to have enough it seems - but this cutie is perfect to add to my Christmas card stash. Don't forget to stop by the High Hopes Rubber Stamps blog on Monday to see the full Woodland Winter release. 




                                                               
I stamped this cutie with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured him with Copic markers. After hand fussy cutting him leaving a thin white edge I set him aside. Next I gathered some patterned paper from Echo Park and cut the pieces of patterned paper and card stock to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" card base. Then I took a second piece of patterned paper and cut it out with a circle die, and used my Fiskars circle cutter to cut the card stock to go behind it. 
I wanted something different for this design so I placed my coloured stamp on the circle and then once I had it where I wanted it, I set the stamped image aside, and marked a small line at the bottom of the circle and cut it off. I laid this cut circle on to the card stock circle and did the same thing. Next, I grabbed a wavy die to cut some snowbanks and an icicle border die to cut the icicles. I glued them down where I wanted them in the circles and cut the pieces off with scissors that were hanging off the edges. Then I added some icicles and snowbanks to the background patterned paper pieces as well. 
I stamped and cut the sentiment, added my stamped image with foam pop dots and finished my card off with my favourite - enamel dots.

Card Recipe 

Stamp: North Pole Penguin - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Sentiment - Merry Christmas - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Patterned Paper: A Cozy Christmas - Echo Park 


Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill 100lb digital cover stock, circle die, Fiskars circle cutter, foam pop dots, icicle border die - Impression Obsession, snow banks - My Creative Time Dies


 Copic Markers:

Beak/Feet  - Y11 Y15 Y17

Body - T4 T6 T8

Pole/Sign - C1 C2 C4 C5

Hat/Scarf - G21 G82 G94

Presents - G46 YG67 G28 R39 R59 R89 C7

Snow - B00


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!




1 comment :

  1. Well another Thursday of awesomeness!!! What an absolute cutie and I love the polka dots on his hat! You always seem to have the perfect papers and make the best designs! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete