Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 6 April 2023

Duckie's Springtime Joy

 Happy Spring! For the month of April, the High Hopes design team will be celebrating all things Spring! My first post features "Duckie Flying Kite". I remember trying to fly a kite a few times as a child but I don't remember being successful at it. Duckie seems to be a pro and is enjoying flying his kite on a beautiful spring day. 


After stamping Duckie on alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured him with Copic markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white strip. Can't lie, cutting around the kite string and kite tail was more than a little challenging but with a few walk aways and deep breaths I got it done. I set Duckie aside and cut two rectangle pieces of patterned paper from Craft Consortium. Next I cut a matching Loopy Frame die to put behind Duckie. I added a die cut puffy cloud and some die cut grass. I took the second rectangle and cut it in half - one for each side- and put them on matching card stock as well. I wanted it to look like the "scene" continued so I added some cloud and grass die cuts to these pieces as well. After stamping the sentiment, I added it to matching card stock and glued it down. Some glitter dots finish off my card. 

Card Details
Stamps - Duckie Flying Kite (S194) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Springtime Joy Script (F019)
Patterned Paper - Grunge - Light Tones - Craft Consortium

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, rectangle die, glitter dots, Loopy Frames die - Gina Marie designs, grass and puffy clouds dies - Your Next Stamp

Copic Markers
Duck - Y00 Y11 Y15 Y26 Y21 YR21 YR24
Kite - BG01 BG05 BG07 BG09 E30 E43 C1 C2 Y00 Y11 Y15 YG01 YG03 YG17
V01 V12 V95 R14 R05 R17
Lady Bug - R05 YR18 N4 N8
Grass - YG01 YG03 YG17
Bow - V01 V12 V95


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment :

  1. Oh my gosh it really doesn't get any cuter than this guy! I can't believe your patience in fussy cutting! You rock at it!! Such a cute scene and love those clouds! Another perfect card and design my uber talented friend!

    ReplyDelete