Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 27 April 2023

Spring Excitement

Am I the only one who gets a spring in their step with the first true days of spring? The days when the sun is bright, and warm and the sky is blue. Feels odd to say it but the first couple of days like that make me feel excited for nice weather and the flowers that will come up in my gardens. When I saw "Pogoin' Dragon" in the High Hopes Stamps line up he seemed to feel the same way so I created a fairly simple scene with him as the focus as he bounces around simply .... enjoying spring! 


After stamping onto alcohol marker friendly paper I coloured with Copic markers and hand fussy cut the stamp. I found some bright blue cloud patterned paper, cut some clouds out of the "sky" and added some white paper behind them instead of using the die cut pieces. Next I placed a wavy slider die under the clouds and cut it out. I chose the wavy die so it would like he is jumping on his pogo stick as he is moved across the front of the card.  
Next I cut out some tulips using a die in a light orange card stock. I added some dimension to the tulips, leaves and stems and clouds with coloured pencil. After gluing down the tulips I added a grass die cut. Enamel dots finish off my card.

Card Details
Stamps -Pogoin' Dragon (Q133) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Say Spring (E256) 
Patterned Paper - Bloom & Wild - Craft Consortium

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, garden flowers die - Whimsy Stamps, pop dots, slider die - Your Next Stamp, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Dragon - YR21 Y38 YR16 YR18 G40 G43 G85
Pogo Stick - C1 C2 C4 C5


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Oh my gosh this card just makes me happy and giggle at the thought of this guy pogoing along the card! Brilliant and so creative! Love the added adorable yellow tulips!

    ReplyDelete