Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 13 April 2023

Spring Fun

 It is easy to know when spring is in the air. Of course the snow is melting, the sun is out more and the signs pop up every where for local soccer registration. My siblings and I grew up playing soccer so as soon as the side and back yards were dry, we would be out there running around and practicing our soccer skills. My Mom often encouraged us to "get outside"! but I think that was more to get us out of her hair so she could have some peace and quiet! 

"Soccer Star" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps reminds me of these fun times especially when the three neighbours came over and we played a game of soccer. 


After stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured the stamp with Copic markers and hand fussy cut it. When I was done cutting, I ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. I wanted to keep my design somewhat simple and with more of a masculine feel to it because I think it will be perfect for a little man I have in my life who loves soccer and dinosours....I'm hoping he will love the dragon too! 
The background striped paper from Echo Park matched the colouring perfectly so I cut the paper to fit my 5" x 5" card base. I set that aside and found some blue paper from Doodlebug to cut the sky. Then, I found a piece of green card stock to cut the grass using a die and added it to the bottom of the blue "sky". The clouds were cut using a stitched cloud die and added to the sky. I glued the layers and scene pieces down and added some twine to the bottom of the card.
To stamp the sentiment, I used two different stamps by masking off the word I wanted from each sentiment and stamped them. To finish off the card, I added some enamel dots and a fish tail banner die with a soccer button (with the button hole cut off) from my stash. 

Card Details
Stamps - Soccer Star (Q101) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Springtime Joy Script (F019), Winter Fun! (F109)
Patterned Paper - Goal - Doodlebug, Happy Summer - Echo Park

Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, cloud die - Your Next Stamp, grass die - Dress My Craft, twine, soccer ball button - stash, enamel dots, fish tail banner die - Your Next Stamp

Copic Markers
Dragon - YG07 YG09 G09 B18 YG01 YG03 YG09 RV00 RV02 RV13
Ball - N4 N5 N8 N10 C1 C2
Shirt - Y38 YR16 YR18 E09 C1 C2 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



1 comment :

  1. Love the memories this stamp brings up for you! Your colouring on this cutie is amazing! The deep green wit the orange shirt just pops! You always do the best layouts and I love the added clouds and grass! Perfection my uber talented friend!!!

    ReplyDelete