Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 29 February 2024

Snuggles

 I decided to challenge myself to use a stamp for a card in a non traditional way. When I saw the Snuggles and Cuddles stamp from High Hopes Rubber Stamps I immediately thought Mother's Day even though this isn't necessarily a traditional Mother's Day stamp. I am blessed to have my Mom close by and there is nothing like being able to drop in for a visit.... which always includes a hug or two <smile>


 After stamping on alcohol marker friendly paper, I coloured up this adorable stamp with Copic markers and cut it out using a label die. The die had a scalloped edge on top but I decided to remove the scallops as they just didn't feel right. I cut card stock to go behind it and decided to tilt it slightly to create some interest on the card. It was pretty plain so I used a small heart die to cut out three hearts down the side. I added some even smaller hearts in the middle just for fun. I cut a piece of patterned paper from an old Kaisercraft pad to fit the 5" x 5" base and used the cut off piece to go across the middle. 

The sentiment was stamped, cut out with an oval die and put on matching card stock. The white edges on the patterned paper and sentiment were inked with Antique Linen Oxide Distress Ink to help the layers stand out. Some heart cut outs in the corner, ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card.  

 
Stamp Recipe
Stamps - Snuggles and Cuddles (TDG044)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Happy Mother's Day (FLL029) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper - Sage & Grace - Kaisercraft


Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Hammermill Digital Cover Card Stock, Antique Linen Oxide Distress ink, oval die, heart border die - Your Next Stamp, heart die - stash, ribbon, enamel dots

Copic Markers
Bears - T4 T5 T8 R00 R11 R21 W1
Bamboo- G07 YG07 B97
Shading - C1 C2


Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments :

Post a Comment