Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 15 September 2018

Rocking Horse Christmas

I am a horse lover through and through and I have a lot of horse loving friends. I try to use a different stamp every year for my horsey Christmas cards and this "Rocking Horse" digital stamp from Whimsy is perfect for one of the cards I need for this year. 
I decided to make this one with an acetate front for something different. 





After printing and colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and a prisma pencil, I hand fussy cut it and went around the edge with a black marker to cover any white I had missed. It is hard to see in the photo but I added a clear sparkle pen to the bow. 
Next I cut my card base, cardstock and gorgeous patterned paper from the Winter's Magic Blue digital paper pack. I cut it to fit the inside and then held my breath and stamped my sentiments using my Misti. The "and" sign in between my sentiments is added with a black marker. 
I used a stitched border trio die to cut my snow banks and added a few die cut trees. 
Some sparkly ribbon and gum drops finish off my card.


Card Recipe
Stamp: Rocking Horse - Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: Holiday Mini Sentiments - Whimsy Stamps
Patterned Paper: Winter's Magic Blue Digital Paper - Whimsy Stamps
Stitched Border Trio die - Whimsy Stamps

Galena ribbon, gumdrops, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Spectrum Noir Markers:  MB1 MB3 EB3 EB6 EB5 IG2 IG3 IG6 RB1 RB3 RB4 
Copics: B04 B06 B18
Primsacolor pencil: Sandbar Brown

Thanks for stopping! Have a fantastic crafty day! 

1 comment :

  1. Wow my friend this is just gorgeous!! I love the acetate and how the sentiment shows through! Your colouring is just fabulous! Wish I was one of your horsey friends Lol ;0

    ReplyDelete