Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 30 August 2018

# School Is Cool

Next week the kids will be going back to school. As you can imagine both the parents and the kids have mixed feelings about this. 
My neighbour's 4 year old will be starting junior kindergarten. She is excited and nervous all at the same time - understandable right?!  

My card today features Mary J Teacher Angel from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. The card colours are not traditional school colours but I wanted to try something different.......and I didn't have school themed paper in my paper stash - gasp! so I had to step outside the box and challenge myself to find a way to use what I did have. 



I coloured sweet Mary J with alcohol markers and fussy cut her. I chose my lined background paper - appropriate for school right?! and used the school background stamp to create my patterned paper. A letter edge die helped on the edge of one piece to keep my school theme. All the edges are inked with matching ink. Next I designed and printed my sentiment on my computer and cut it out with a fishtail banner die. It is hard to see in the photo but I added some clear sparkle pen to her wings. Some simple twine and matching gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Mary J Teacher Angel, School Background - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Computer
Patterned Paper: Wood and Notebook - Simple Stories 
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, white gel pen, clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, My Creative Time die, fish tail banner die - YNS, twine, gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1 FS4 TN2 TN4 IG2 IG3 IG4 CG4 DG3 JG6 EB6 EB3 EB5 TN1 EB1 EB2
                  
 Follow the High Hopes Stamps blog as the DT Divas will be bringing Daily Inspiration throughout the month. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment :

  1. I love that this card isn't the usual "School colours"! It makes it just so pretty and soft. I love how you used the School Background stamp to make your papers fit your theme! Another awesome make by you!!!

    ReplyDelete