Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 1 December 2016

Life's Path

December 1st means it's time for a new challenge at One Crazy Stamper and a new release from High Hopes Rubber Stamps called "Friends Always".

This release has 13 new sentiments and 8 new images that are perfect to make cards for friends. 

My post features "Kovu and Leo" and the "Life's Path" sentiment. The OCS team will be featuring makes from the new release this month so be sure to pop back in and check them out. 



After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers I pulled out my cuticle scissors and did some fussy cutting. I stamped the image onto patterned paper and paper pieced the hats and scarves. I gave them cheeks and added some freckles with a white gel pen. 
I do alot of fussy cutting and I think I have officially worn out my scissors - guess I better ask Santa for a new pair!

I based my card layout on the new challenge sketch for December so I set about cutting my patterned paper and cardstock to follow it. The sentiment was stamped directly on my paper and and cut out with a stitched rectangle die. 
After doing that I added a doily for a little bit of fun, a wood heart coloured with a sparkle pen (it doesn't show up real well but I like my little bit of bling), gumdrops and some twine to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: Kovu and Leo (TT068) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Life's Path (LL003) - High Hopes Stamps
Patterned Paper:Classic Christmas - Simple Stories
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic XpressIt , Doily Trio One Set (YNS), white gel pen, Holly Berry Red Spectrum Sparkle pen, Forever in Time pop dots, heart and twine from my stash, White Sugar and Sparkle Gumdrops (YNS)

Spectrum Noir Markers used: CG1 DG2 DG3 TN1 EB1 EB2 PP1 PP3 FS8 EB6 EB3 EB5 

Our December Challenge is Friends Always and there is a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. Click here to play along - we can't wait to see what your create!

Here's the sketch



If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


3 comments :

  1. OMGEEEEEE! I am totally in love with this card! I love that paper and those paper pieced scarves are just too cute! Leo's shell looks amazing! You never cease to amaze me my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favourite ever card by you!! (and the basketball one was pretty awesome - so it might be a tie!) Love the plaid :o)

    ReplyDelete