Header Mine

Header Mine

Friday 2 December 2016

Santa's Workshop - Masculine Christmas

I often like to give myself a challenge when I'm creating a card.....but sometimes the challenge finds me! 

Our son is apprenticing to be a millwright and I needed a Christmas card for him. 

The challenge - a masculine Christmas card - gulp! I love glitter somewhere on my Christmas cards! so what is a gal to do................

I searched the web over and found Lili of the Valley stamps and purchased this cutie! It is more geared toward woodworking I think but as a millwright, our son is working with all types of material - wood, steel etc so I decided this digital stamp is perfect for our sons card. 


I coloured the shavings on the floor to look like metal - I mean who knows what he is building right?!


I wanted to keep the layout fairly simple so I layered some patterned paper and added some twine, enamel dots and some screw head brads for a masculine touch. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: The Work Bench digital stamp - Lili of the Valley
Patterned Paper: Have A Merry Christmas - Carta Bella
Screw Head Brads - Recollections
Dies: Stitched Square and Stitched Rectangle - YNS
Enamel Dots: Cupid Gumdrops - YNS
Forever in Time pop dots, American Craft twine, silver gel pen

Spectrum Noir markers: EB6 EB3 EB5 DR5 DR1 DR7 TN1 EB1 EB2 CG4 DG3 JG6 GB8 GB10 1G2 1G3 1G5 

I hope you have enjoyed my post. I love seeing your comments! 

Have a fantastic day! 







1 comment :

  1. Love this! Such a perfect stamp for what you needed! Love how you coloured it all! Your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete